Missing Generator ( Red Screen with Yellow Exclamation Mark )
After you have installed your generator or effect and you see an image with a red screen and a yellow mark as shown in the image below it means that you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Final Cut Pro.
However, we can make a template backward compatible by following this step:
- Before we begin please make sure to make backup copies of the original template files for safety.
- First, open the Motion file in the Text Editor or Sublime. I prefer the free Sublime Text Editor for more accurate results.
- Change the
ozmlversion from 5.6 to 5.5
- Next, replace the display version number from 5.1.2 to 5.0.7.
- Relaunch Final Cut X and add the template back to the timeline. It should now work fine now in FCPX.
- If we still get the red mark, then I would recommend taking the numbers lower for older versions of FCPX.
To help save time you can copy and replace the top 4 lines with the following code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE ozxmlscene> <ozml version="5.5"> <displayversion>5.0.7</displayversion>
Updating Final Cut Pro will allow us to take advantage of all the new features of Final Cut Pro and all the new templates will work properly.
Here is a link by Apple on how to backup our older versions of Final Cut Pro and libraries, before we update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203010